Product Discovery Phase
Get assistance from our professional team to dive into the first step of the development process. Undertake all the research you need to fully scope and plan your entire digital project
Discovery phase value
Place of Discovery in SDLC
Product discovery process
- Business environment exploration
- Market investigations and research
- A detailed plan for the Discovery implementation
- Business goals and needs analysis
- Technology landscape research
- Initial list of the architecture limiting factors
- Competitor Analysis
- Creation of mood board for future concept
- Enhancing discovery plan with UX activities
- Accurate business aims and vision
- Modeled business flows
- Functional decomposition
- Defined priorities
- Checked & collected feedbacks
- Essential requirements analysis
- Limiting factors analysis
- Quality Attributes Workshop
- Architecture vision clarification
- Checking & collecting feedback
- Wireframes for core user flows (depending on the project needs)
- Concept based on mood board and feature list
- Start of the Mind Map creation
- Functional decomposition
- Fitting business roadmap and estimations
- Crucial landmarks & priorities
- Business requirements for the Roadmap
- Critical architecture views
- Finalized technology stack
- DevOps and Operations vision
- Implementation efforts estimated
- Finalized SAD (Software Architecture Document)
- Wireframes or mindmap
- Finalized UX solution vision
- Defined visual constituents and style guides
Why you need a discovery phase
Discovery phase includes
- Project Manager
- Solution Architect
- Business Analyst
Solution Architect, Associate
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner®
SysOps Administrator, Associate
Linux professional certification
Our Clients Say About Us
Founder of el Tab
"I was very happy with their overall performance. I was very pleased that the team would regularly come to me with suggestions of how to improve the app."
Industry contribution awards
57 Reviews on Clutch
Top 1000 Service Providers, Global
Top Development & IT Companies, Ukraine
Top Software Development Companies
Top 1000 Companies, Global
Top Software Development Company
Top Web Developers, Global
- Project kick-off. Holding a kick-off meeting to get acquainted with the team and learn more about each member’s role.
- Feature breakdown. Business Analysts hold meetings with you to discuss user needs and functional requirements.
- Rough estimation. Developers, designers, and QA engineers estimate the feature list for the required platforms. You get a rough estimation — minimum and maximum time needed to develop each feature.
- Team composition. The Sales Manager collects the development team — developers, designers, and QA engineers. The Solution Architect and Project Manager validates the team.
- Concept creation. Designers create two visual concepts of the product for you to choose from.
- Specification. Business Analyst writes a specification covering tech aspects and describing each feature in the form of user stories.
- Wireframes. Designers start creating wireframes — a layout of a user interface.
- Final review. Quality Assurance engineers check each user story and wireframe for logic mistakes and guideline violations.
- Detailed estimation. Our developers and designers estimate the final product development cost for each platform.
- Rough estimate
- Detailed estimate
- Activity diagram
- Flow chart