- Lightweight scripting language
- Dynamic typing
- Object-oriented programming support
- Functional style
- Platform independent
- Interpreted language
- Async processing
- Clients-side validation
- Extended browser management
Released in 2005, this video hosting has gained worldwide popularity. Nowadays, this web solution is the most famous one for posting videos and is the second resource globally by the number of visitors.
Have you ever inquired how Twitter live Search operates? At first glance, a user types in a #hashtag or a keyword, and Twitter displays a live feed of results, with new tweets showing up continuously after the primary request results were rendered entirely.
Let’s imagine that you already have frontend developer, so now it’s important to find a person who is able to create a server-side part of the project. Backend development often comprises three main components: a server, an application, and a database. As a result, such a type of specialist needs to have some knowledge and competence in Node.js. Moreover, having experience with a database like SQL or MongoDB is also important.
These specialists are the most versatile. Full-stack developers’ skills are perfect for developing prototypes. Nonetheless, full-stack developers are often not the best option for creating database architecture or developing particular design requirements. They usually have more experience either in frontend or backend development.
Frontend JS Developer:
- Create a user-facing part of an application
- Ensure high performance on mobiles and desktops
- Are competent in working with WordPress, Magento, and Joomla, which are widely used Content Management Systems
- Use particular CMS (Content Management System) for Ecommerce that builds storefronts, like Shopify and WooCommerce
- Conduct UI tests and get rid of bugs
- Cooperate with the backend developers in the process of building the RESTful API
Backend JS Developer:
- Gather technical requirements
- Integrate user-facing parts with server logic by applying programming languages like Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, PHP, .Net
- Know how to apply 2EE, Nginx, Apache, IIS – solutions for static content management
- Handle Git, Subversion (SVN), and Concurrent Versions System (CVS) – version operation software systems
- Work as part of a team developing applications and services
- Code, test, and operate Node.js based services
- Have expertise in building products for macOS X, Windows Server, Ubuntu, Linux, software systems
- Launch and maintain the product with Content Management System
- Integrate APIs
- Work with private cloud providers, like Amazon Web Services
- Conform with security regulations
Full-stack JS developers:
- Cooperate with frontend frameworks and libraries, for instance, AngularJS, REACT, JQuery and LESS
- Create databases with SQLServer, Oracle, MongoDB, and Redis
- Build design prototypes and providing UI/UX design services
- Design architectures
Frontend engineers create websites utilizing such technologies as HTML5 and CSS3. They are used in order to create dynamic user interactions. In addition to those two, frontend developers should know such frameworks as AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS or others. Furthermore, in order to make the workflow smoother, engineers need to know Web pack.
Have no technical knowledge? Reach us via the contact page or live chat in the right bottom corner to ask for help.
Let’s discuss them more precisely.
- Excellent self-management. A great specialist is able to properly organize the workflow, fulfill the tasks in the right order and divide the time on each one to successfully meet deadlines.
- Customer orientation. This business philosophy implies prioritizing the requests of clients. A great specialist will overview the problem that should be solved by the product from the eyes of consumers to understand their pains and needs and build an efficient solution.
- Problem-solving. Every developer faces problems, so it’s important to look at them objectively and find a solution. Such an approach allows the team member to cope with all the arising challenges and meet both client’s deadlines and requirements.
- Creativity. Sometimes it’s necessary to view things from a different angle and come up with a less obvious solution. Thus the final product will comprise unique opportunities and include more complex and sophisticated features.
- Follow trends. The world is changing, and an ability to keep up with the newest coding languages, applications, devices, etc. allows creating more competitive products. Being aware of the latest tech tendencies increases customer engagement and satisfaction, and attracts a broader audience with the most up-to-date outstanding solution.
Question to Check Candidate’s Hard Skills
There are some of them:
- What is function hoisting? Let’s discuss the two ways of creating a function.
- What are the differences between one-way data flow and two-way data binding?
- Explain the difference between Relational DB vs. NoSQL.
Questions to Check Candidate’s Soft Skills
Questions to Check Candidate’s Soft Skills Good soft skills are also important because they allow candidates to be effective in the workplace. There are so-called ‘interpersonal’ skills. For example, in the PDF below, you will find questions to check such skills as:
- Conflict management
- Decision making
- Response to specific actions
The first thing to consider is your inability to check the code if you are not a qualified developer. As a result, this may lead to bugs in the future. One more drawback is the tendency among freelance developers to fail deadlines. It’s often the case that freelancers live in other countries, so you have different time zones, and it becomes difficult to communicate as well as manage the development process. Furthermore, you are not fully protected. It means that your project can be put at risk if the developer disappears.
In-House Team of Developers
Speaking about long-term cooperation, you may be sure that your employees try to do their best to achieve your company’s goals. In comparison to freelancers who cannot be fully involved in your business, your in-house developers are always motivated to do their best. Moreover, an in-house team of developers can make changes or fix the product faster, which is also a benefit of outsourcing companies.
The main problem of employing in-house developers is that the hiring process is often time-consuming. You need to find developers, interview them, and even then, there is a chance that they cannot join your team right away. In addition, you need to bear in mind that an experienced and qualified specialist requires a lot of money. It will be necessary to pay the salary even if you haven’t had tasks for them for the whole month. Furthermore, there are always some extra expenditures, such as benefits, packages, payment for office rent, taxes, purchase of hardware and software licenses, whereas outsourcing companies require paying exceptionally for fulfilled work with no additional outgoings.
There are some services that can help you to hire a developer for your own team:
Outsource Software Developers
Locating in different countries, you may face the time zone problem, so you can find it slightly more difficult to control the development process. Yet, it’s the job of a project manager who will provide you with the progress report on your request, and you can overview it at any time convenient for you. One more possible drawback is the language barrier. On the other hand, there are a lot of ways to solve all these issues. Nowadays it’s easy to communicate via emails, messages, calls, etc. Moreover, the entire outsourcing team usually has fluent English, so this issue is sometimes absent at all. Experts are able to follow your schedule and communicate when it’s comfortable for you. As you can see, the challenges you face when applying to outsourcing vendors may be easily overcome.
In order to sum up this part, we can say that the most reliable ways to develop software are hiring an outsourcing company or creating an in-house team. As for freelance developers, it’s better to cooperate with them only if you have technical knowledge.
According to Codementor, freelancers tend to count working hours that’s why we provide you with this list.
|Region||Rate per hour ($)|
Asia & Pacific
Australia & New Zealand
If you want to find out the rates of specialists from other countries, you may use the platform Indeed in order to know developers’ rates.
|Region||Min $/h||Max $/h||Avg $/h|
Cleveroad is a software development company that has accomplished 170+ successful projects and has a wide experience in a great diversity of domains like healthcare, education, and retail. We offer a broad spectrum of benefits for clients:
- Transparent and detailed project estimate which you may receive absolutely free
- Three cooperation models suitable for every business idea: dedicated team, fixed price, time & materials
- Top-class performance with ensured quality control on all the development stages
- A brand-new tech stack and innovative product building methods
- High-qualified team members with a verified expertise
- Project idea: oMap is a search-and-discovery platform that provides the connection between businesses and customers in Poland.
- Development team: 3 web developers (1 for back-end development, 2 for front-end), 2 Android developers, 2 iOS developers
- Project developing time: 4 months
- Project idea: Ayoo Dance was made in order to give dancers a place where they can show their skills and communicate.
- Development team: 2 iOS developers, 2 web developers (back-end & admin panel), UI/UX designer, 1 QA engineer, project manager.
- Project developing time: 9 months
Want to develop your own project?
We can help! Be sure to contact our managers to find out about our team of developers!
Let’s imagine that you already have a frontend developer, so now it’s important to find a person who is able to create a server-side part of the project. Backend development often consists of three main parts: a server, an application, and a database. As a result, this kind of specialist needs to have some knowledge and experience in Node.js. Moreover, experience with different databases such as SQL or MongoDB is also important.
Full-stack developers combine the roles of both previous groups.
- What is function hoisting? What are the two ways of creating a function?
- What is Event-driven programming?
Give us your impressions about this article
Give us your impressions about this article