Want to know more about front-end developers hire? Read our article How to hire front-end developers in 2019.
Let’s imagine that you already have a front-end developer, so now it’s important to find a person who is able to create a server-side part of the project. Back-end development often consists of three main parts: a server, an application, and a database. As a result, this kind of specialist needs to have some knowledge and experience in Node.js. Moreover, experience with different databases such as SQL or MongoDB is also important.
This kind of developers is the most versatile. Full-stack developers skills are perfect for developing prototypes. However, full-stack developers are often not the best option for creating database architecture or developing some specific design requirements. They usually have more experience either in front-end or back-end development.
Front-end JS Developer:
- Creating a user-facing part of an application
- Ensuring high performance on mobiles and desktops
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API
Back-end JS Developer:
- Integrating user-facing parts with server logic
- Working as part of a team developing applications and services
- Coding, testing and operating Node.js based services
- Gathering technical requirements
Full-stack JS developer:
- Developing both front-end and back-end
- Designing architectures
- Creating databases
Front-end engineers create websites utilizing such technologies as HTML5 and CSS3. They are used in order to create dynamic user interactions. In addition to those two, front-end developers should know such frameworks as AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS or others. Furthermore, in order to make the workflow smoother, engineers need to know Web pack.
Have no technical knowledge? Reach us via the contact page or live chat in the right bottom corner to ask for help.
- Problem solving. Every developer faces problems, so it’s important to look at them objectively and find a solution.
- Creativity. Sometimes it’s necessary to view things from a different angle and come up with less obvious solution.
- Follow trends. The world is changing and an ability to keep up with the newest coding languages, applications, devices, etc. allows creating more competitive products.
Question to Check Candidate’s Hard Skills
Hard skills are vital for a job. They include the expertise important for a candidate to work successfully. So, they have to be job specific and are typically listed in job descriptions. Hard skills are usually gained through formal education or training programs, including short-term training classes, online courses, as well as on-the-job training.
We’ve prepared the PDF file where you will find some questions and answers to interview JS developers.
There are some of them:
- What is function hoisting? Let’s discuss the two ways of creating a function.
- What are the differences between one-way data flow and two-way data binding?
- Explain the difference between Relational DB vs. NoSQL.
Questions to Check Candidate’s Soft Skills
Good soft skills are also important because they allow candidates to be effective in the workplace. There are so-called ‘interpersonal’ skills. For example, in the PDF below, you will find questions to check such skills as:
- Conflict management
- Decision making
- Response to specific actions
These developers are usually the cheapest option. Moreover, they are quite good for doing some specific small tasks.
The first thing to consider is your inability to check the code if you are not a qualified developer. As a result, this may lead to bugs in the future. One more drawback is the tendency among freelance developers to fail deadlines. It’s often the case that freelancers live in other countries, so you have different time zones and it becomes difficult to communicate as well as manage the development process. Furthermore, you are not fully protected. It means that your project can be put into a risk if the developer disappears.
In-House Team of Developers
Speaking about long-term cooperation, you may be sure that your employees try to do their best to achieve your company’s goals. In comparison to freelancers who cannot be fully involved in your business, your in-house developers are always motivated to do their best. Moreover, an in-house team of developers can make changes or fix the product faster.
The main problem of employing in-house developers is that the hiring process is often time-consuming. You need to find developers, interview them, and even then there is a chance that they cannot join your team right away. In addition, you need to bear in mind that an experienced and qualified specialist requires a lot of money. It will be necessary to pay the salary even if you haven’t had tasks for them for the whole month. Furthermore, there are always some side costs such as benefits, packages, payment for office rent, taxes, purchase of hardware and software licenses, etc.
There are some services that can help you to hire a developer for your own team:
Outsource Software Developers
Locating in different countries, you may face the time zone problem, so you can find it’s difficult to control the development process. One more possible drawback is the language barrier. On the other hand, there are a lot of ways to solve all these issues. Nowadays it’s easy to communicate via emails, messages, calls, etc. Moreover, Project Managers usually have fluent English as well as developers. They are able to follow your schedule and communicate when it’s comfortable for you.
There are a lot of websites that provide rates of the outsourcing companies. The most reliable services are
In order to sum up this part, we can say that the most reliable ways to develop software are hiring an outsourcing company or creating an in-house team. As for freelance developers, it’s better to cooperate with them only if you have technical knowledge.
According to Codementor, freelancers tend to count working hours that’s why we provide you with this list.
|Region||Rate per hour ($)|
|Asia & Pacific||$61-80|
|Australia & New Zealand||$81-100|
If you have decided to create an in-house team of developers, the first question for you to answer is how much money you need to pay them to stay competitive.
If you want to find out rates of specialists from other countries, you may use the platform Indeed in order to know developers’ rates.
Do you still have questions about price? Read How much does it cost to create a website in 2019?
|Region||Min $/h||Max $/h||Avg $/h|
- Project idea: oMap is a search-and-discovery platform that provides the connection between businesses and customers in Poland.
- Development team: 3 web developers (1 for back-end development, 2 for front-end), 2 Android developers, 2 iOS developers
- Project developing time: 4 months
- Project idea: Ayoo Dance was made in order to give dancers a place where they can show their skills and communicate.
- Development team: 2 iOS developers, 2 web developers (back-end & admin panel), UI/UX designer, 1 QA engineer, project manager.
- Project developing time: 9 months